With Chocolate Frosting, this makes a great chocolate cake.
As instructed on the box:
- Cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil (I used canola oil)
- 3 eggs (I used large eggs)
- You’ll need 2 round 9″ cake pans. Pans with good non-stick coating or spray with no-stick cooking spray. I used pans with a good non-stick coating built in and had no sticking issues.
- As instructed on the box, mix all the ingredients with a blender on medium for 2 minutes. Don’t blend too long or you’ll make it too thick. (But if you make it too thick, don’t worry much, because you can still cook it.)
- Pour the blended cake mix into the cake pans. Split it between the 2 pans evenly.
- Place one pan with mix into the lower rake of the Super Wave Oven. Put the other pan with mix into the refrigerator to cook 2nd.
- Heat at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes. The top will be very brown. Use a toothpick to check whether the inside is fully cooked. Be sure to check the middle areas, which are last to cook.
- Remove the first pan from the oven and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- While the first pan is cooling, take the 2nd pan from the refrigerator and place it on the bottom rack of the Super Wave Oven.
- Heat at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. The top will be very brown. Use a toothpick to check whether the inside is fully cooked. Be sure to check the middle areas, which are last to cook.
- Remove the 2nd pan from the oven and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, you can ice and stack as a 2 layered cake.
Note: Since the oven will already be hot when you start baking the 2nd pan, the top will brown quickly. Do not cause this to make you remove the 2nd pan too quickly, assuming the interior is fully cooked any faster than the first pan. If you feel you must remove the 2nd pan early, you’d want to test very well first. The 2nd pan may brown on top quickly, but the interior still may need as much time as the first pan to complete cooking. If you plan to put icing on the cake(s), no one will see the brown on top. The icing will cover it over. Also, the icing will mask if you overcook the top.