370g (370 ml) Water
1 Ounce of Honey
4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Ounce of Sugar
1 Ounce of Dry Milk
2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 Cup Vital Wheat Gluten
1 Ounce Unsalted Butter, softened
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
2 tsp. Bread Machine Yeast
1 Cup Raisins
- Ensure the bread machine paddles are both pointing in the same direction.
- Add the water, honey and whole wheat flour.
- Make a small well in the middle of the flour, for the yeast to add later.
- Then add the sugar, but try to distribute it around the edges. Do the same when adding the dry milk and salt
- Add the vital wheat gluten, try putting it on the 4 corners.
- Add the softened butter in small bits around the edges.
- Add the ground cinnamon somewhere on an edge.
- Add the yeast to the small well made earlier.
- Set the Course setting to 2 for Whole Wheat bread, select your crust level, and start the bread machine.
- About 48 – 58 minutes in, depending on your crust selection. The bread machine will beep. Remove the dough and hand knead in the cup of raisins.
- Place the dough back into the bread machine and close it to continue the process.
- Allow the bread maker to complete its process.
- Place the bread on a cooling rack for 1 hour.
- Bag the bread and put it into a cool dark area, like a bread box. Let it set there overnight to get a little firm.
- The next day slice the bread.
Recipe inspired by recipes from the Zojirushi Recipe Book. (See link for their recipe book at the bottom of that linked web page.)