12 Pound Whole Turkey, fresh/thawed
Turkey Brine of Choice
1/4 Cup of Canola Oil
1 Ounce of Butter
Smoked Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Other Poultry Seasoning of Choice
- Remove the turkey from its packaging and remove all innards from the front and back of the turkey.
- Brine the turkey overnight with your brine of choice. About 1 hour per pound.
- Remove the turkey from the brine and dry it off with paper towels.
- Truss the turkey with cooking twine.
- Melt and mix the butter with the oil.
- Rub the oil and butter mixture over the exterior of the turkey.
- Sprinkle on salt, pepper and any other poultry seasoning of choice.
- Place the turkey in the baking pan.
- Insert meat probes into the breast and thigh meat.
- Turn the selection dial to ROAST.
- Place the Pizza Rack in the position for Roast in the Power Air Fryer Oven 360 XL, the 2nd up from the lowest rack position.
- Turn the Temperature Dial to 360° F.
- Turn the Time Dial to about 1 hour 50 minutes.
- Press the START button.
- The Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 XL will begin to pre-heat.
- Once pre-heating is complete, press the Start/Pause Button. Then turn the Time Dial back to a full 1 hour 50 minutes you originally selected.
- Place the Baking Pan on the Pizza Rack.
- Close the Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 XL and press the Start/Pause Button. This will start the cook.
- If you prefer, cover with foil if the top starts to overcook.
- Cook until the breast and thigh meat are at or above 165° F.
Subscribe to the Wave Oven Recipes YouTube Channel
Buy Wave Oven Recipes merchandise.
Listen to the Wave Oven Recipes podcast
Check out my Amazon Page for more great recommendations.