Here’s how to fully prepare a thawed turkey breast in the NuWave Oven.
1 whole 8 pound turkey breast, thawed.
Tony Cachere’s Creole Style Butter Injectable Marinade
Applewood Smoked Sea Salt
Poultry Seasoning/Rub of choice
Apple Juice for spritzing
1 stick of Melted Butter
- The Turkey Breast should be fully thawed. This may take about 5 days of the frozen turkey sitting in the refrigerator.
- Unwrap the turkey breast, remove any innards from the inner breast cavity and the rear. You may place them in the trash, unless you need them for another dish.
- Inject the Turkey Breast with marinade.
- Inject one ounce of the marinade at a time, in the following 8 locations. 8 ounces total should be used. (One ounce per pound.)
- Inject 4 spots on each side of the breast, 8 total in the breast.
- Apply Smoked Salt and Poultry Seasoning/Rub.
- Place the turkey breast on the NuWave Oven 1″ rack, breast side down. Use the Extender Ring. Cook for 1 hour on high power/350° F.
- Turn the turkey breast, so it is breast side up.
- Spritz with Apple Juice.
- Insert a meat probe to measure temperature from this point forward in the cook.
- Cook for about 30 minutes on high power/350° F. Until the meat temperature is 140° F.
- Apply melted butter to the outer skin of the Turkey Breast.
- Continue to cook about 45 minutes, until the meat temperature is 165° F.
- Remove the dome and tent the Turkey Breast with foil. Then allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
Food safety guidelines mention, turkey meat should be removed from the bones within 2 hours after cooking your turkey.