6 pound chicken, fresh/thawed
Old Bay seasoning
Freshly cracked black pepper
- Line the bake pan with an oven safe bake and grill mat.
- Season the chicken on both sides, leave it breast side up.
- Place the chicken in the lined bake pan.
- Press the Roast button.
- Set the Temperature to 400° F.
- Set the Time to 1 hour, 40 minutes
- Press the START button.
- After preheating place the bake pan on the lowest rack level.
- After 40 minutes, pause the cook and cover the chicken tightly with a piece of foil.
- (It helps if you use meat probes to track temperature.)
- Allow the cook time to complete.
- Confirm the meat temperature is at least 165° F. in the breast and thigh meat.
- Allow the chicken 5 minutes to rest, to reabsorb juices.