7 pound whole chicken, thawed
1 cup of chicken stock
Poultry seasoning of choice
Applewood smoked sea salt
Ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
- Remove any innards from the chicken.
- Cover the chicken with oil.
- Cover the chicken with spices.
- Put the wire rack into the pot.
- Pour in 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Put the chicken into the pot on the rack.
- Place the pressure cook lid onto the Emeril Pressure Air Fryer.
- Lock the lid so it is sealed.
- Press the Pressure button and turn the dial to Poultry. Then press the dial button in to select that option.
- Press the Time button and adjust the cooking time to 40 minutes.
(Rule of thumb is about 6 minutes per pound. In this case, the cook will finish fully during the later air frying phase.)
- Press the dial in to start the cook.
(It may take about 9 minutes to fully pressurize.)
- When the cooking time completes press the Cancel button and release the pressure, for a rapid release. Use caution when releasing pressure.
- Check the meat temperature, it should be about 155° F. or greater
- Remove the chicken from the pot and place it in a pan.
- Using pot holders empty out the fluids in the pot. Rinse and dry the pot with paper towels.
(You may save the fluid for other dishes that need a broth.)
- Place the pot back into the Emeril Pressure Air Fryer.
- Insert the wire rack.
- Place the chicken onto the wire rack.
- Put on the air fry lid.
- Press the Air Fry button and turn the dial to Poultry.
- Press the dial in, and then press the Temp button and adjust the cooking temperature to 325° F..
- Press the Time button and adjust the cooking time to 13 minutes. (With the additional 2 minutes of air fryer fan cool down time, this will result in a total of 15 minutes the chicken will be in the air fryer.)
- Press the dial in to start the air frying.
- Once the air fryer fan cool down is finished, the screen turns blue and it starts beeping. Press the Cancel button twice to end the cook.
- Check the meat temperature is at least 165° F. in the breast and thigh.
- Remove the seared chicken.
Subscribe to the Wave Oven Recipes YouTube Channel
Listen to the Wave Oven Recipes podcast
Check out my Amazon Page for more great recommendations.