5 pound whole chicken, fresh
Lemon pepper seasoning of choice
Old Bay seasoning
Extra light olive oil
- Cover the chicken with a light coating of oil.
- Season the chicken.
- Line the bake pan with a non-stick bake and grill mat.
- Set the cooker to Preheat, 350° F., 5 minutes cooking time.
- Press Start to begin preheating.
- After preheating, put the bake pan on the lowest rack level.
- Press the Dual Cook button.
- For step 1 select Roast 400°, 30 minutes.
- For step 2 select Roast 350°, 50 minutes.
- Allow the cooking time to complete.
- Check the temperature in the breast and thigh are at least 165° F.
- Allow the chicken to set outside the cooker for 5 minutes to reabsorb jucies.
Note: If you decide to cover the chicken with foil after step 1 you will need to set Step 2 to cook for 70 minutes.