1 very large Sweet Potato, 2 cups mashed sweet potato will be used
2 Cups Cold Water
2 Tbs Melted Unsalted Butter
2 Large Eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 Pillsbury Pie Crust (refrigerator cold)
- Scrub the Sweet Potato exterior clean.
- Add water into the Instant Pot inner/cooking pot.
- Insert the trivet into the inner/cooking pot.
- Place the Sweet Potato into the Instant Pot.
- Put on the Instant Pot lid and close the seal.
- Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 18 – 22 minutes.
- Allow Natural Release. Or wait 30 minutes before trying a quick release.
- Remove the skin and mash up the sweet potato.
- Place 2 cups of the mashed sweet potato into a large bowl for this recipe, any remainder will not be needed.
- Mix the melted butter into the mashed sweet potato.
- Place all dry ingredients into a separate bowl and mix.
- Pour the mixed dry ingredients into the sweet potato butter mixture.
- Add eggs, evaporated milk and vanilla extract to the mixture in the large bowl and blend till smooth with no lumps.
- Place the Pizza Rack on the Bake level of the Power Air Fryer Oven 360, 2nd up from the bottom.
- Turn the Selection Dial to Bake, no Air Fryer Fan. Set Temperature to 350° F. and set Time to 50 minutes.
- Press the Start Button, to have the Power Air Fryer Oven 360 preheat.
- While preheating, spray a 9″ pie dish with cooking spray.
- Take the pie crust from the refrigerator and place it into the 9″ pie dish.
- Pour the sweet potato pie filling mixture into the pie crust.
- Once preheating is finished, press the Start/Pause button and turn the Time back to a full 50 minutes.
- Put the pie dish onto the Pizza Rack in the Power Air Fryer Oven 360.
- Press the Start/Pause button to start the cook.
- After the first 25 minutes, Press the Start/Pause button and rotate the pie. If the edges are looking brown, cover the edges with foil. Then close, press the Start/Pause button and resume the cook.
- Ensure a toothpick or knife test comes out clean at the end of the cook.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Ensure the bottom center of the pie pan is fully refrigerator cool. This may take about 3+ hours.
- Enjoy and refrigerate leftovers.