Makes 6 muffins. Use either the low carb or regular options listed for ingredients.
1 cup Carbquick or Bisquick . (Carbquick has 90% less carbs than Bisquick.)
1 1/4 tsp baking power
3 Tbs. Sugar substitute or sugar. (A good sugar substitute is ZSweet.)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup fresh or still frozen strawberries
6 Tbs. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk or regular cow’s milk. (Unsweetened vanilla almond milk has just 1 carb per serving and about the same amount of fiber.)
3 Tbs. melted butter or margarine
1 egg white from a large egg. (Or 1 whole PeeWee egg. Or 1/2 of a whole large egg.)
Pam cooking spray
1) Use a foil muffin pan, made for 6 muffins, sized 9 5/8 in. x 6 3/8 in. x 1 5/16 in. Or another size that will fit in the NuWave Oven. I found a suitable 6 muffin foil pan at my local grocery store.
2) Chop the stawberries into small chunks. If they are frozen, you will need to use a large chopping knife.
3) Spray pan with Pam spray.
4) Hand mix Carbquick/Bisquick, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Then stir in the strawberries.
5) Add the milk, egg and butter. Hand mix all ingredients.
6) Mix just until the dry ingredients are moistened. The batter will be lumpy. Do not over beat the batter. But make sure the dry ingredients from the bottom of the bowl are fully moistened.
7) Spoon the batter into the muffin pan cups.
8) Place the pan on the 1 inch rack.
9) Cook at high power for 20 minutes. All the muffin tops will be brown.