6 pound Leg of Lamb, boneless
1/2 gallon of whole milk
1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon, 1.5 ounces Lemon Juice
1 tsp Thyme
Garlic Cloves or minced Garlic, 8 – 10 Cloves, or 4 tsp – 5 tsp minced Garlic
Salt (to taste)
Cracked Black Pepper (to taste)
Crumbled Feta Cheese
Chopped Fresh Spinach
1 stick Butter
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ounce Soy Sauce
1 ounce Brown Sugar
1Tbs. Cracked Black Pepper
- Remove the string bag from the Leg of Lamb and spread it open.
- Cut any excess fat from the leg of lamb.
- Brine the leg of lamb in milk in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Rinse away excess milk from the leg of lamb and pat lightly dry with paper towels.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and thyme.
- Add your desired amount of Feta Cheese and Chopped Fresh Spinach inside the open Leg of Lamb, and then roll it closed and truss the Leg of Lamb with Cooking Twine.
- Cover the outside of the Leg of Lamb with the oil, lemon thyme mixture.
- Score shallow slits in the Leg of Lamb
- Put garlic into the slits. You may also put some into the stuffing.
- Shake some salt over the outside of the lamb, but don’t overdo it.
- Sprinkle cracked black pepper over the exterior of the Lamb.
- Place the leg of lamb into the NuWave Bravo Baking Pan.
- Place a rack on the lowest level in the Smart Oven. But don’t put the baking pan with the Leg of Lamb in yet.
- Insert the meat probe into the probe jack on the NuWave Bravo.
- Insert the meat probe into a thick part of meat on the leg of lamb.
- Turn on the NuWave Bravo XL Smart Oven Air Fryer.
- Press the PROBE Button.
- Set your desired level of doneness:
- 120° F. Rare
- 130° F. Medium Rare
- 140° F. Medium
- 150° F. Medium Well (takes about 3 hours)
- 155° F. Well Done
- Press the TEMP/TIME Button and set the cooking temperature to 275° F.
- Press the PREHEAT Button.
- Press the START Button/Dial. The Smart Oven will begin to preheat.
- Once preheating is complete, place the baking pan with the Leg of Lamb on the rack inserted earlier.
- Sometime after starting the cook, heat and mix the Baste ingredients.
- Apply the Baste to the Leg of Lamb 5° before your target internal meat temperature.
- Allow to cook till your desired doneness.
- Take the Leg of Lamb out, lightly cover with foil, and allow the meat to rest for 30 minutes.