8 Pound Pork Shoulder Butt Roast, thawed
Pork Rub or Pork Butt Rub of choice
1/2 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/4 cups of Apple Juice
- Dry the outside of the meat with paper towels.
- No trimming necessary
- Cover meat side with yellow mustard and pork/butt rub. Then lay the meat side side down.
- Inject with:
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
(1 cup of the total mixture.)
- Cover the rest in yellow mustard
- Rub the rest with pork/butt Rub.
- After injection and rub are applied. Let the meat rest for 30 minutes.
- Place the Pork Shoulder Butt meat side down, fat cap side up, on the 1″ rack of the NuWave Oven, with the Extender Ring.
- Cook at Power Level 6 (P60) 250° F. until the internal meat temperature reaches 165° F. The exterior should appear well cooked. (This may take about 5 hours.)
- Wrap with foil and add 1/2 cup apple juice.
- Cook at Power Level 7 (P70) 275° F. until the internal meat temperature reaches 200° F. (This may take about another 3 hours.)
- Open the foil and add 1/4 cup apple juice and close it again.
- Still wrapped in the foil, place the Pork Butt in a cooler for 1 hour.
- Break the pork up with forks or other tools and enjoy!
Subscribe to the Wave Oven Recipes YouTube Channel
Check out my Amazon Page for more great recommendations.