5 eggs yolks
1 cup sugar
1 cup white Karo® syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup broken pecan meats
5 egg whites – well beaten
pinch of salt
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Blend in lightly beaten egg yolks.
- Add syrup, vanilla, salt and pecans and stir well.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour into unbaked pastry shell in a pie pan/dish
- Place a Rack on the 2nd from the bottom Rack Holder in the Smart Oven.
- Press the On/Off Button, to turn on the NuWave Bravo XL Smart Oven.
- Press the MENU button until you reach the Bake Pre-Programmed setting.
- Adjust the Cook Temperature to 325° F. by turning the dial to 325.
- Press the TEMP/TIME button.
- Turn the dial to adjust the cooking time to 60 minutes.
- Press the Start button/dial.
- The Smart Oven will Pre-heat. Once Pre-heat is complete it will start a 5 minute countdown. Pace the Pie Dish onto the Rack during the 5 minute countdown, before it ends.
- Press the Start Button/Dial before the countdown mentioned above ends.
- Allow to cook for the time set or until the pie has a custard-like in consistency.
Note: Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if you wish.
(This Recipe is from Sister Site: SoulFoodCookbook.com.)