1 1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine
3 Cups Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Orange Extract
1 Tablespoon Fresh Orange Juice
1 Teaspoon Grated Orange Rind
3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk
- Grease and flour 10 inch tube pan.
- Beat butter in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar 1/2 cup at a time, creaming well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla, Orange extract, juice and rind.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir thoroughly after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean
- Use NuWave Oven 1″ rack 350 degrees F, 1 hour. Cover with foil after the first 35 minutes.
(Would need 90 minutes at 325 F in a conventional oven.)
8 oz Cream Cheese
2 oz of fresh squeezed orange juice
1 oz pure vanilla extract
2 tsp orange extract
4 cups sugar/splenda
2 drops red food coloring
2 drops yellow food coloring
Blend all the ingredients together well, that’s all.
This is a version of the Old Fashioned Pound Cake Recipe from Sister Site, SoulFoodCookbook.com.