Makes 1 dozen (12) chocolate cupcakes. You may use the low carb options noted, or regular higher carb ingredients as noted.
1 1/4 cup Carbquick or Bisquick . (Carbquick has 90% less carbs than Bisquick.)
2/3 cup Sugar substitute or sugar. (A good sugar substitute is ZSweet.)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk or regular cow’s milk. (Unsweetened vanilla almond milk has just 1 carb per serving and about the same amount of fiber.)
1/8 cup of Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup, or chocolate syrup of your choice. (Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup has zero carbs.)
1) Use 2 foil muffin/cupcake pans, made for 6 muffins/cupcakes each, sized 9 5/8 in. x 6 3/8 in. x 1 5/16 in. Or another size that will fit in the NuWave Oven. I found suitable 6 muffin/cupcake foil pans at my local grocery store.
2) Place cupcake liners into each of the 12 pan cups.
3) Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4) Add the shortening and almond milk/milk.
5) Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
6) Add the egg and chocolate syrup, and beat for 4 minutes. Till ingredients are mixed like cake batter.
7) Spoon evenly into the 12 cupcake cups.
8) Place one pan onto the 1 inch rack, place the other pan in the refrigerator.
9) Cook the 1st pan for 20 minutes at high power, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
10) Place 1st pan aside to cool.
11) Take 2nd pan from refrigerator, and place on 1 inch rack.
12) Cook 2nd pan for 20 minutes at high power, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
13) Allow the 2nd pan to cool.
14) Add the icing of your choice and enjoy.
Note: The low carb options noted in this recipe can help you to have great cup cakes, without as many carbs.