10 Green Medium Sized Jalapeno Peppers, cut in half, seeds and membrane removed.
1 8oz package of room temperature cream cheese
½ Cup shredded cheddar cheese
4-5 Strips of crunched up bacon (or bacon bits)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1-2 teaspoons water
1½ cups bread crumbs
- Cut peppers long-wise, remove seeds and membrane.
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Spoon the mixture into pepper halves.
- Mix egg and water together. Make a separate bowl with bread crumbs.
- Dip the cheese side of pepper in the egg mixture and then in bread crumbs to coat.
- Spray top of the bread crumb coating with cooking spray, so crumbs will brown.
- Put on 3″ rack (I used a small brown ovenproof dish) and bake on high (350° F) for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. PERFECT!!!!!