Yes, you can make Soul Food Classic Hot Water Cornbread in the NuWave Oven!
3 tablespoons oil (shortening, liquid oil or drippings)
15 oz. Box Famous Dave’s® Corn Bread Mix (Cornbread Mix or Self Rising Cornmeal of choice. Cornbread Mix will have sugar and taste sweeter.)
1/2 cup hot water
1 large egg (beaten)
- Line the NuWave Oven 4″ rack with aluminum foil.
- Combine the oil, cornbread mix/meal and the beaten egg in a mixing bowl.
- Then slowly add hot water, mixing as you pour.
- Once all water has been added and no lumps are left, use a spoon to scoop out heaping scoops of the mix. Placing 6 evenly spaced scoops of the mixture on the foil lined 4″ rack.
- Cook for 10 minutes on High Power.
- Flip and cook for 3 minutes on High Power.
- Repeat steps 4 – 6, for the remainder of the batter.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Makes approximately 20 cakes.
Hot Water Cornbread hardens as it cooks. But is still delicious.
(This is a NuWave Oven version, of the Hot Water Cornbread recipe, from sister blog SoulFoodCookbook.com.)