Doughnut recipe makes about 8-10 doughnuts
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking power
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk
- You’ll need doughnut pans that can fit under the NuWave Primo Grill Oven’s dome. I used these Wilton 6 doughnut pans.
- Spray a doughnut pan with Pam spray.
- Hand mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the milk over the mixed dry ingredients and start to stir it in.
- Stir till a sticky batter forms.
- Set the NuWave Primo Grill Oven to 350° F., 16 minutes cooking time.
- Press the Preheat button and then press Start to begin preheating.
- Spoon some of the batter into the 6 doughnut cups evenly. Each doughnut cup should be filled only about half way. Make sure the center posts have no batter on them. Spread the batter evenly in the cups and smooth it out, so there are no large lumps.
- Pour the remaining batter into a 2nd doughnut pan.
- After the preheat is complete, place a doughnut pan on the grill plate in the NuWave Primo Grill Oven.
- Press the Start button to begin the cook.
- After 8 minutes, press the Start/Pause button to pause the cook. Remove the first doughnut pan.
- Check that the doughnuts spring back when lightly touched. And also test that a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Place the cooked doughnut pan on a wire rack outside of the NuWave Primo to cool.
- Place the 2nd doughnut pan onto the grill plate and repeat steps #11-14 above.