This same easy Large Cherry Pie recipe also works for a Large Apple Pie, Strawberry Pie, Peach Pie, Bumbleberry Pie, Raspberry Pie, Fig Pie, Rhubarb Pie, Blackberry Pie or Blueberry Pie. Just adjust the type of pie filling as needed.
The NuWave Oven can cook a Cherry/Fruit pie, using less energy than a conventional oven. And the NuWave Oven helps you cook the top golden brown to perfection. Since you can see the top of the Cherry Pie the entire time it is cooking. It makes cooking a Fruit pie fun and if you have kids, they can enjoy watching.
1) Unroll one pie crust and sprinkle flour over both sides.
2) Place the pie crust with flour into a 9.5 inch pie pan. Make sure it is pressed firmly against the bottom and sides of the pan. Trim edges. Do not poke holes in this, since it’s the bottom shell to hold filling.
3) Pour the Pie fillings into the pan, on top of the floured pie crust. Spread evenly.
4) Unroll the second pie crust and place it over the top of the pie. Fold it’s edges under the edges of the bottom pie crust. (If you desire latches, you need to first cut the top pie crust into strips and place them over the top of the pie.)
5) Poke holes into the top pie crust for venting. (If using latches, those will act as vents.)
6) Place the pie pan on the 1 inch rack.
7) Cook at high power for 25 minutes.
8) Place foil around the edges. They should already be brown. Make sure the foil is on firmly, to avoid any blowing off. But be careful not to burn your hands, since the pie will be very hot.
9) Cook at high power for another 25 minutes. (If the Apple Pie has latches, cook just 20 more minutes.)
10) The top should now be golden brown. Allow to cool and then remove the foil from the edges. Placing the Cherry/Fruit Pie on a wire rack should help it cool faster.