(Use the ingredients for your box cake, these are for the box cake in the video)
Box cake mix
1 & 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup canola oil
3 large eggs
- Beat the eggs.
- Spray 2 nine inch round cake pans well with cooking spray.
- Put the ingredients into a bowl and mix at medium for about 2 minutes.
- Place a pizza rack on the level for Air Fry, the 3rd level up.
- Place a 2nd pizza rack on the level for Slow Cook, the very lowest level.
- Turn the selection dial to BAKE.
- Press the Air Fry Button, to turn the air fry fan Off.
- Turn the Temperature Dial to 325° F.
- Turn the Time Dial to about 31 minutes.
- Press the START button.
- The Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 XL will begin to pre-heat.
- Pour the cake batter evenly into the 2 cake pans.
- Once pre-heating is complete, press the Start/Pause Button. Then turn the Time Dial back to a full 31 minutes you originally selected.
- Place one cake pan on the low level rack, in the bake left corner.
- Place the other cake pan on the higher rack, in the front right corner.
- Close the Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 XL and press the Start/Pause Button. This will start the cook.
- After 15 minutes, pause the cook. Then spin the higher cake pan 180°, and place it in the back left of that same rack level.
- Spin the lower cake pan 180°, and place it in the front right corner.
- Continue the cook for 13 more minutes.
- Remove the top cake pan if a knife comes out clean.
- Spin the lower cake pan again and put it in the rear left.
- Allow the cook time to complete.
- Check a knife comes out of the lower cake pan clean and remove it.
- Allow the cake layers to cool. Then ice/frost and stack the layers.