2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, about 10 – 12 ounces each, fresh/thawed
4 Large Eggs
2 Cups Buttermilk
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Cups Yellow Corn Meal
1/2 Cup Corn Starch
1 Ounce Applewood Smoked Salt
1 Ounce Old Bay Seasoning or other seasoning of choice
1 Tbs. Ground Black Pepper
3 Cups Warm Water
1/3 Cup Kosher Salt
1/3 Cup Sugar
2 Ounces Butter
1 Cup Wing Sauce of choice
- Combine the Brine mixture and allow it to cool. You may add ice cubes to cool it quickly if you desire.
- Cut the Chicken Breasts once each lengthwise. Then cut them 4 times at equal parts widthwise. To make 8 Boneless Wings per chicken breast, 16 total.
- Pour the cooled Brine mixture into a large bowl, then add the Boneless Wing meat.
- Place the bowl with brine and Boneless Wings into the refrigerator uncovered for 6 hours.
- Then remove the Boneless Wing meat from the Brine mixture, and pat the exterior of the meat lightly with paper towels.
- Mix the eggs and buttermilk in a bowl as an Egg Wash.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl as breading.
- Dip each Boneless Wing in the Egg Wash, then into the breading and cover with breading.
- Spray cooking spray all over the outside of each Boneless Wing.
- Place the Boneless Wings in the Air Fryer Basket.
- Place the Air Fryer Basket on a Rack, 3rd up from the bottom.
- Put a Rack on the lowest position with the Baking Pan on it, to catch drippings.
- Press the MENU button until you reach the Air Fry Pre-Programmed setting.
- Adjust the Cook Temperature to 425° F.
- Press the TEMP/TIME button
- Turn the dial to adjust the cooking time to 35 minutes.
- Press the Start Button/Dial.
- While the Boneless Wings are cooking, mix the butter and sauce in a sauce pan over low heat until well mixed.
- Allow the cooking time to complete.
- Test the meat temperature is at least 165° F. or higher.
- Gently toss the Air Fried Boneless Wings in the sauce mixture.