1.5 cups of black beans, not soaked
4 cups of cold water
- Pour the beans into the pot.
- Pour in the water.
- Mix the beans and water, just to have things more evenly distributed in the pot.
- Place the pressure cook lid onto the pressure cooker.
- Lock the lid so it is sealed.
- Set the cooker to the Pressure cooking option.
- Ensure it is set to High Pressure, which is the default pressure level.
- Press the Time button and adjust the cooking time to 25 minutes.
- Make sure the pressure valve is in the locked position.
- Press the dial in to start the cook.
- When the cooking time completes, allow 15 minutes of natural release. Then release the remaining pressure. Use caution when releasing pressure.