1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 Tbs dry rub of choice
1/4 tsp Hickory Smoked Sea Salt
1 ounce Worcestershire
- Prepare the Beef Brisket the night before the cook with the following steps:
- Trim excess fat and silver skin from the meat side. And trim the fat cap side to about 1/8 inch and score in a waffle pattern.
- Cover the meat side of the Beef Brisket Flat with the dry steak seasoning and sprinkle on some Hickory Smoked Salt.
- Flip the Beef Brisket over, so the fat cap side is up and Inject with injection mixture.
- Cover the fat cap side with the dry steak seasoning and sprinkle on some Hickory Smoked Salt.
- Cover in pan with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The day of the cook take the Beef Brisket out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Setup the NuWave Oven with the Extender Ring.
- Place the Beef Brisket onto the NuWave oven 1″ Rack with the fat cap side up.
- Cook at Power Level 5 (P50) 225° F. till the meat reaches 150° F.
- Turn the meat over and continue to cook at Power Level 5 (P50) 225° F. till the meat reaches 165° F.
- Texas Cheat/Crutch: Wrap the brisket in foil, make 1/2 batch of the injection mixture and cover the brisket with it in the foil and close the foil, so the liquid stays in.
- Remove the Extender Ring. Continue to cook at Power Level 5 (P50) 225° F. till the meat reaches 195° F. (If the meat stalls for over an hour at a temperature, increase the cooking temperature to Power Level 6 (P60) 250° F. But only do this if you experience an extended stall in meat temperature.)
- Make another 1/2 batch of injection mixture. Open the foil and pour it over the top of the cooked beef brisket. Then close the foil.
- Allow the foil wrapped Beef Brisket to sit at room temperature for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Place leftovers in an airtight container with the fluid and refrigerate after the meat is cooler.
- Leftovers may also be frozen.