11 Pound Beef Brisket
Beef Rub of Choice
About 3 Cups Beef Broth
- The night before the cook: Trim as much fat from the brisket as reasonable.
- Cover with Beef Rub.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Take the brisket out of the refrigerator about an hour before cooking.
- Place the beef brisket into a Crisper Tray, fat side up.
- Insert a meat probe into the thickest part of the meat, to measure the meat temperature during the cook.
- Place a Pizza Rack on the very lowest Rack Level, the level designated for Slow Cook, Level #6.
- Place a Baking Pan on the Pizza Rack, to catch drippings.
- Turn the selection dial to SLOW COOK.
- Turn the Temperature Dial to 225° F.
- Turn the Time Dial to 10 hours. (Slow cook has a maximum time setting of 10 hours.)
- Press the START button.
- The Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 XL will begin to pre-heat.
- Once pre-heating is complete, press the Start/Pause Button. Then turn the Time Dial back to a full 10 hours you originally selected.
- Place the Crisper Tray on rack level 4, which is the Air Fry rack level.
- Close the Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 XL, and press the Start/Pause Button. This will start the cook.
- Spritz with beef broth every hour.
- When the meat temperature reaches 150° F., flip the meat over.
- Continue the cook, and mix 1 cup of beef broth and 1 Tbs. beef rub.
- When the meat temperature reaches 165° F., press the Start/Pause button to pause the cook. Wrap the brisket in Butcher Paper. Pour in the beef broth/rub mixture, and close the paper around the meat. Place the wrapped brisket back into the Crisper Tray.
(It may take about 9 hours for an 11 pound brisket to reach 165° F.)
- Up the cooking temperature to 275° F.
- Increase the cooking time to 10 hours again, just to ensure more than enough time to complete the cook.
- Continue to cook the brisket until the internal meat temperature is above 200° F. in the Point.
(It may take about 3 more hours for an 11 pound brisket to exceed 200° F.)
- While waiting, mix 1 cup of beef broth and 1 Tbs. of beef rub.
- Poke testing should result in a probe going in and out like butter.
- Use an Instant Read thermometer, to check the temperature is 197° F. or higher all over all parts of the brisket.
- Remove the brisket from the Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 XL still wrapped. Open the wrapping enough to pour in the beef broth/rub mixture. And close the paper around the meat.
- Place into a warm cooler for 1 hour.