2 Whole Chickens, about 5 pounds each. (fresh/thawed)
Oil – Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Virgin Olive Oil
Applewood Smoked Sea Salt
Old Bay Seasoning
Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Place a wire rack on the lowest position in the NuWave Bravo XL Smart Oven.
- Truss the chicken(s). So the legs and wings are tied down.
- Cover the Chicken(s) with a light coating of oil.
- Apply spices to taste.
- Place the Chicken(s) on the Broiler Rack and place that in the Baking Pan.
- Optional: If you have meat probes, place them in the breast and thigh of the chicken(s).
- Don’t use the Bravo’s built in meat probe. Unless you place it in the thigh and set the probe to 170° F.
- Press the MENU button until you reach the Roast Pre-Programmed setting.
- Adjust the Cook Temperature to 425° F. by turning the dial to 425.
- Press the TEMP/TIME button.
- Turn the dial to adjust the cooking time to 60 minutes.
- Press the Start button/dial.
- The Smart Oven will Pre-heat and then start a 5 Minute countdown.
- Once the mentioned 5 minute countdown begins place the Baking Pan on the rack in the lowest position in the NuWave Bravo XL Smart Oven.
- Press the Start Button/Dial and the cook will begin.
- If cooking 2 chickens, when the cooking time gets down to just 5 minutes left. Turn the dial to increase the cooking time to 30 more minutes.
- Cook until the breast meat is 165° F. and thigh meat is 170° F.
- Allow the meat to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.