Chocolate Brownies are always nice and these chocolate brownies are made from pure dark chocolate!
4 oz unsweetened Dagoba Organic Chocolate (4 squares, this is 100% cacao/cocoa, pure dark chocolate and low carb)
6 Tbs butter/margarine
2 large eggs
1 cup Sugar substitute or sugar. (A good sugar substitute is ZSweet.)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup Carbquick or Bisquick or flour. (Carbquick has 90% less carbs than Bisquick or flour.)
1/4 tsp salt
Pam cooking spray
1) Spray a 9 inch cake pan with Pam spray.
2) Melt the butter and chocolate together in a mixing bowl in the microwave and stir.
3) Allow it to cool a little, but not harden.
4) Stir in the eggs.
5) Stir in the sugar.
6) Stir in the vanilla.
7) In a seperate small bowl. Mix the Carbquick/Bisquick/flour and salt. Then add them into the mixing bowl that has the chocolate mixture.
8) Stir till all the ingredients are well mixed. Some small white crystals may form, don’t worry, they melt when cooked. Just ensure there is no powder that did not mix.
9) Pour the chocolate brownie batter mixture into the 9 inch cake pan. Spread it evenly in the pan. The chocolate brownie batter will be very thick.
10) Place the pan on the 1 inch rack.
11) Cook at high power for 15 minutes. Till a toothpick comes out clean.
12) Allow to cool.
Note: Adapted from the recipe inside the Dagoba chocolate packaging.
The Low Carb options mentioned in this recipe for Dark Chocolate Brownies. Allow you to make a full batch of Chocolate Brownies, that are sugar free. I’ve calculated, a 1/6 serving of the batch of Chocolate Brownies using the low carb options is just 197 calories, 10g carbohydrates and 8g fiber, net carbs just 2g, 18g total fats, 8g saturated fats, 0 trans fats, cholesterol 58mg, sodium 267mg, protein 7g, calcium 3% (which I think is around 33mg). Compare that with the nutritional value of other Chocolate Brownies and you’ll see why the low carb options are good for you. And, these taste great.